Rules For Buyers
Our rules and policies help to create a safer, fair and enjoyable trading experience for all Lokein members. Understanding them can help you avoid problems and be a more effective buyer.
- Make purchases only on the Lokein app or desktop website. By purchasing through the Lokein payment platform, you can ensure you’ll be fully protected if anything goes wrong, and you will be refunded the full amount if your item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described. You should never pay for an item outsite – be it directly through bank transfer, concealed cash or any other methods outside of Lokein. Any outsite transactions are also not eligible for Buyer Protection.
- “NOTE: Payments made via the guest buyer checkout option (without logging into a Lokein account) are not eligible for Buyer Protection”.
- Sincerity. Offer to buy or bidding only if you are serious about doing so and make sure to make the payment within time frame given by seller.
- Offers. If you are an interested buyer but don’t like the price, make what you consider to be a reasonable offer.
- Non-interest. If you have no need for the items or don’t like the price, items, payment method, or other terms, ignore the thread. Do not post negative remarks about the sale or seller based on their offer, or suggest to others that they buy other products or buy at other sites. Do not post unsolicited price advice or comparisons of the offer with those from other sources. Do not try to derail somebody else’s sale by posting in the thread. Let sellers make their own decisions.
- Interest. If you are interested in the sale, you may ask questions or make an offer by contacting the seller through Inquiry. If you have trouble contacting them or you don’t hear back after more than a day, you can post in the thread to ask if they got your message
- Check the seller’s transaction history and feedback rating. Locate the seller details on a listing page. Check to see if a user has previously transacted on Lokein by feedback received. If a user has received feedback for past sales, they’ll have a seller feedback score shown under their Bought & Sold transaction count. You can click on the feedback count to view their feedback page and see how previous buyers rated their experience with this seller.
- Talk to the seller. Honest sellers should have nothing to hide. You can ‘Contact Seller’ and communicate with the seller via messages if you feel like there’s missing information about the item. Some things you may wish to ask for might include proof of purchase if it’s not already shown or tagged photos (photos with their username on them, usually written on a sheet of paper – act as watermarking) from a newer seller as proof that the item is in the seller’s possession. If you don’t see a shipping option for your location, you can also use this feature to ask about the price including shipping costs to your location.
- Keep an eye out for signs of non-authenticity. We have a team of moderators working around the clock to keep Lokein free of non-authentic items but they may not catch every non-authentic item listed. If you see a suspicious listing that doesn’t appear to be authentic or might be purposefully concealing signs of non-authentic, you should report it to us using the ‘Report Item’ button at the drop down menu at top header menu so we can investigate further.
- Ask the seller to ship the item with full tracking information. This way, both of you will know where the item is at any given time and will be notified when it’s delivered. If the seller hasn’t added a tracking number to your conversation within 3 days, you should remind them and contact our support team for further assistance if they continue to neglect to do so.
- Item Received. After you received the item please do check the item carefully and if you already satisfied with the item, please mark as received and leave feedback accordingly so lokein can relist the payment to the honest seller.
- Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item. Although Lokein is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a open case & refund system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected. By using Lokein open case & refund system, you understand that Lokein may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. You can use Lokein open case & refund system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described. Visit our Return & Refund Process for more detail.